Fact: It's a great time of year for sports lovers. Sure, football is on the horizon (let's all be patient) but the World Cup is back! Major League Baseball is happening across the country, Little League games are gearing up and soccer practice for the kids is in full swing, too... and for the events that involve your beloved all-stars come grass and mud stains galore. Womp, womp. Not so exciting for mom and dad.
But as always, we're here for you. We try to make your life as easy as possible. And if we can make laundry even the least bit more satisfying, we think we've done our job well.
You may feel defeated when your little athlete comes home covered in mud and/or grass stains. Don't worry! Celebrate those slides into home base, knowing that Rockin' Green has your back.
Here’s the solution to keeping those uniforms clean and ready for each and every game day.
- Begin the stain-removing process as soon as possible. The quicker you tend to the stain, the more likely you are to completely remove it. So, beckon for that uniform as soon as they walk through the door after each practice and game.
- Start by rinsing off loose mud, dirt or grass in the sink or even with a water hose if the game's messy aftermath is more intense.
- Next, presoak the grass-stained uniform, because the presoak is key! Fill a sink, bucket or bathtub with enough cold water to fully submerge fabric. Add in a couple scoops of Rockin' Green Platinum Series Active Wear Detergent and let it just hang out for an hour or so. Soak longer, or even overnight for deep set stains.
- After soaking the uniform or garment in Active Wear Detergent, wash the uniform by itself as normal in cold water. DO NOT add additional detergent. Wash on a cold water cycle since hot water can break down materials in fabric, as can harsh detergents.
- After the wash cycle, air dry the uniform. If any part of the stain is still there, heat from the dryer will only further set the stain — possibly even permanently. If any of the stain remains, repeat all steps again.
Reach for Rockin’ Green Platinum Series Active Wear Detergent each and every time those grass or mud stains happen to keep the kiddos’ uniforms in tip-top shape — and smelling fresh, too. We all know how potent uniforms can become as they hang out unwashed in athletic bags and locker rooms.
And PRO tip: Platinum Series Active Wear Detergent works on your activewear, too! (That's actually what it cleans best!) One bag can clean up to 90 loads, so it can take care of the whole family's stinky clothes.
It's formulated with added surfactants and a special, plant-based enzyme blend that eliminate strong smells and stains without compromising the quality and life of activewear or athletic uniforms — a must-have household product this summer. Get yours here!