Smoothies are one of the trendiest and tastiest drinks you can be sipping on this summer. But if you’re getting yours from a coffee shop or fast food restaurant you are actually drinking fruit themed milkshakes. They might taste fresh and healthy, but in reality these smoothies are packed with processed sugars and even ice cream. Instead, make your smoothies at home with tons of fruits and vegetables for a real healthy drink.
Here are a few recipes for you to try out this summer!
Sunrise SmoothieThis recipe is a delicious blend of apricot and peach meant to taste like a morning sunrise.
- 1 cup of chilled apricot nectar
- 1 8 ounce container of low-fat peach yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of frozen lemonade concentrate
- ½ cup of chilled club soda
- Combine everything other than the club soda and process for around 30 seconds, until the smoothie is creamy and smooth.
- Gently stir in the club soda and serve quickly.
Nutrition per serving: 130 calories, 0.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 43.5 mg sodium, 29 g carbs, 16 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 2.5 g protein
Refreshing Pineapple Watermelon Smoothie1 Serving
- ¾ cup of diced and seedless watermelon
- ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup of frozen raspberries or another berry of your choice
- ¼ cup of almond milk, or more to taste
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Nutrition per serving: 143 calories, 1.4 g of fat, 34.4 g of carbohydrates, 23.4 g of sugar, 6.5 g of fiber, 2.5 g of protein
Avocado Vanilla Bean Smoothie2 Servings
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 1 frozen large banana
- 1/2 cup of ice
- 1 14 ounce can of cold, light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until desired consistency.